Study internships by Thiosane Travel in Burkina Faso is:
• studying with attention to culture and your personal development.
• organizing and supporting projects in your field.
• transferring your knowledge to help others.
• to travel safely and well prepared.
• doing an internship at a recognized training company with expert and experienced guidance
The study trips are intended for students who are looking for an internship for their studies. You will be thoroughly prepared for your studies in Burkina Faso and you will receive reliable supervisors in a safe environment. You not only learn through your work and your studies, but the added value in Burkina Faso is that you develop yourself in a special way through your contacts and experiences with a completely different culture. French is spoken in Burkina Faso, but experience has shown that this is experienced as a valuable addition to your development. Thiosane Travel offers courses to ensure that you quickly speak enough French to properly follow your internship. In addition, you will receive extra credits for learning the language with most courses.
Thiosane Travel uses as a starting point for the program:
– 32 hours internship per week.
– 1st and 2nd week: no internships yet, acclimatize. introduction to living and working environment, 20 hours of French lessons per week.
It is important that you have mastered the basics of the French language. If this is not the case, we provide a French course during the first two weeks of your stay that will allow you to master the language sufficiently to be able to do your job well enough.
We will work with you to find an internship direction and position that best suits your profession and your needs in order to achieve an optimal learning experience.
We prefer to have you do an internship at multiple locations within your field for a broader experience.
During your entire stay in Burkina Faso, a Thiosane Travel guide is available by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can always contact him or her with questions about your internship, your stay or something else.
Your internship is supervised by an internship supervisor at work. You can contact this person during working hours for questions about your internship. In addition, a supervisor is also provided, possibly in the Netherlands who you can approach for study-related questions and problems.
You do your internship in or at the city of Bobo Dioulasso in Burkina Faso. The internships offered are:
– a hospital nurse
– a pharmacy, pharmacist, pharmacy assistant
– a maternity hospital, maternity nurse
– a music, guitar teacher, piano teacher, teacher drumming, vocal teacher, lecturer recorder
– a primary school teacher
addition we can arrange an internship for you in almost every sector, so feel free to let us know if you are looking for something else.
Duration of the internship.
You initially determine the duration of your internship, but we recommend a minimum duration of 4 months. The first month is usually mainly spent on learning the language, knowing the country, the population and your workplace. In the second and third month you will be able to pay more attention to expanding your professional knowledge and better follow up on developing projects.
We also encourage the design and development of projects that you can carry out alone or with others. In many cases this can be processed as part of your internship.
Burkina Faso is one of the poorest countries in the world that often lacks efficiency and resources. You can solve this by means of projects. Think of a clinic where there are not enough medicines or a music school where instruments are missing. Also consider introducing medical or educational methods that give more results.
Part of your project may be to bring this to the attention of private individuals and companies in the Netherlands in order to obtain financial resources or materials for the execution of your project.
Volunteer work by Thiosane Travel in Burkina Faso is:
• working with attention to your personal wishes.
• work with attention to the land, the inhabitants and the culture.
• working with opportunities for personal development.
• work in which you offer something to another and the other has something to offer you.
• travel safely and well prepared with an experienced and knowledgeable travel organization.
You will be thoroughly prepared for your work in Burkina Faso and you will receive reliable supervisors in a safe environment. You not only learn through your work, but the added value in Burkina Faso is that you develop yourself in a special way through your contacts and experiences with a completely different culture. French is spoken in Burkina Faso, but experience has shown that this does not have to be an obstacle to your work. Thiosane Travel offers courses to ensure that you quickly speak enough French to do your job.
Why study internships and volunteer work in Burkina Faso.
A trusted, knowledgeable and experienced travel organization with an extensive network.
Thiosane Travel has been organizing trips to Burkina Faso since 2002 and has already provided more than 250 travelers with a special and often unforgettable trip here. Many travelers have booked a trip with us again and some even five times!
In all these years we have got to know people who can be important in making a stay in Burkina Faso run smoothly. For example, we have very reliable employees and relations with the police, the judiciary, hospitals, doctors and guides.
The network also includes people in almost every industry, which means that we can arrange work for you as a volunteer in almost every sector.
Thiosane Travel has a well-maintained and comfortable guest house and reliable guest addresses where you can live the Burkinese way.
Thorough travel preparation.
You will be informed about and guided with the preparations for your trip from your registration. You have to do some preparations yourself, but we can advise you on everything and do a lot of preparations for you.
The following topics are discussed in the discussions:
– the choice of your internship or workplace and the duration of your stay.
– The type of stay (in the guesthouse of the organization or in a host family in the city or in a village)
– what is expected of you during your stay in Burkina Faso.
– medical aspects such as vaccinations, vaccinations and what to do in case of illness.
– any concerns and adjustments as a result of your health.
– What to take with you on the trip.
– The choice of communication, payment and transport means in Burkina Faso
– The living conditions, hygiene, habits / customs and the climate of the country. What is different and what should you take into account. What can and what not to do.
– The options for booking a flight to Burkina Faso and back to the Netherlands.
– How to best maintain contact with the people in the Netherlands.
– Extras such as: doing activities, workshops, courses and excursions in the country or the countries around it.
Exchange of expertise.
As you learn from the Burkinese with your internship, they will also be able to learn from you.
A number of valuable and special aspects of your internship in Burkina Faso are:
– you expand your professional knowledge with aspects that you would not encounter in the Netherlands. this applies both in the technical field and through a different way of thinking and acting in a different culture.
– you help your colleagues and perhaps also the country by transferring your professional knowledge and setting up and supporting projects.
– By transferring your knowledge to others, you become even more aware of your own actions, which deepens your learning experience and professional knowledge.
Attention to the land, the inhabitants and the culture.
One of the main reasons for your study or work in Burkina Faso is the fact that you are in a completely different culture and environment. If you pay attention to this, then this alone will enrich your life, regardless of anything you can learn in your field.
This is precisely one of the specialties of Thiosane Travel. Through years of experience with excursions in the country and the many contacts with the African population, we can show you the country and get to know the culture like no other.
During your stay you can make excursions with us to traditional villages, beautiful nature reserves and learn to discover what African life is all about. We can offer you a range of excursions ranging from one-day to multi-day excursions that you can make alone, with fellow students or people who come to visit you from the Netherlands.
You can also follow workshops in the field of music, dance or old crafts such as woodcarving, bronze casting, jewelry making, batik, pottery and weaving.
If you are sporty, you can take one-day or multi-day walks in the savannas, sport climbing or just go out by bike.
Together with family members, partners and friends.
Family members, partners and friends are involved as much as possible in the discussions prior to the trip and are also kept informed about the progress during the trip. It is nice for them, just as it is for you, to have an impression of what to expect.
In the event of a problem, if desired, we will contact your pre-specified contact persons for you.
We encourage inviting partners, friends and family members to Burkina Faso. It will be virtually impossible for you to transfer your experience in Burkina Faso to others. When others are here with you, you increase the experience by sharing that with others and they can enjoy the land with you.
Thiosane Travel is a specialist in arranging a program for an unforgettable trip.
What is expected of you.
– That you are 100% committed to your internship and that you take your education and work seriously.
– That you treat the Burkinese, fellow students and supervisors with respect.
– That you respect the values and standards of the country and the culture and that you adhere to the rules of the country.
– That you are flexible, patient and creative at times when things in Burkina Faso are not going as you expected.
– That you immediately report to the tour guide about something that bothers you or would like differently, and also feel free to say so if you are satisfied with something.